Hello everyone, and welcome to my 100th post and summer makeover! It sounds corny but it’s hard to believe I’ve gotten this far, and I am so excited to see where this blog will go in the future! I have never really been too good at keeping something like this blog up, so the fact that I am here still is pretty exciting. It’s gotten to the point where I feel guilty if I get to the end of a week without posting. So whether you’ve read one post or you read every post (I don’t know if anyone actually does) – whatever you do thanks for sticking with me.
I would also like to use my special 100th post to accept The Liebster Award, which Shannon from Beauty and the Mess (http://beautyandthemessblog.wordpress.com) nominated me for a few months ago.
I had seen the little Liebster Award stamp on different blog’s sidebars before, but I didn’t really know the details behind it, so this gave me a good excuse to go look up the rules. From what I could tell there were a few different variations to the rules, but the gist of the Liebster Award is to
(1) answer 11 questions about yourself
(2) ask 11 more questions to your nominations and
(3) nominate 11 blogs to pass on the award by linking to their blog and then letting them know about the nomination.
There was one version of the rules that I liked which said to also give 11 facts about yourself, so I am doing that as well, although it might be optional. I don’t know. The nominees are also blogs with under 200 followers (or 2,000 one version said (some of my nominees are over 200 but under 2,000 so I’m going to say I’m in the clear) to give a nod to the smaller blogs on the internet, and I am honored to be part of that group. 🙂
So here we go.
Here are the questions that Shannon asked me:
What’s your favorite animal?
Definitely dogs. I love seeing all the different dogs in New York, and there is a dog park near my house that I stop by sometimes. There’s are benches and a regular park there too so I’m not always that person in the dog park without a dog, even though that has definitely happened.
What’s something on your bucket list?
Probably travel more. I have been getting some wanderlust recently, and I would love to do something about it. I don’t know where in particular. I would love to go to France and Istanbul again and Greece, which I’ve never been to before.
Read any good books this past year?
Yep. Just look at a few of my other posts to see some of them.
If you had a million dollars, what are a few things you would do with it?
I have answered this question so many times in French class whenever we studied the subjunctive, which deals with uncertainty so that’s the ultimate short essay question, but I never really thought about it much beyond that. I would love to use some of it for travel, and I would like to think that I would donate some and save some as well.
What’s your favorite TV show?
I’m bad at superlatives, but I was a huge fan of Gilmore Girls and LOST in high school. Right now I like Parks and Rec, Elementary, Castle, Doctor Who (Ten is the best – I love David Tenant!), Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Foyle’s War etc. but I’m always looking for new shows to watch. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!
What’s something you’re afraid of?
Heights. Also I have had many different dreams about elevators going too fast either up or down, but I’m not afraid of elevators really. And I’ve grown up taking elevators all the time so it’s nothing strange for me. Take that as you will.
If you could see anyone in concert, who would it be?
Since The Beatles were my first favorite band when I was little, and they have soo many songs, I would probably say them. When I was in college, I heard that Paul McCartney had gone on tour in 2008, and I didn’t know about it at the time so I didn’t go. But friends of mine did, and I was so jealous of them. I’m sure he went to NY and played at Madison Square Garden, and I could have gone to see him there!
What’s your favorite book?
Again I’m bad with the superlatives, especially when it comes to books, but Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart. But if you ask me this question at different times the answer changes beyond that.
If you could go bowling with any fictional character, who would it be?
Good question. Ginny Weasley always seemed like an awesome person to me. Maybe just the whole Weasley family. That would be great. Seeing their dynamic bowling would be amazing with all the kids and Molly and Arthur. And it would make Arthur’s day to do such a muggle thing as bowling. (Also this would be pre-book 7 for obvious reasons).
Why did you start a blog?
I started my blog a month or two before graduating 2 years ago so that I would have something to do post-graduation that would keep me on somewhat of a schedule since I didn’t know what I was doing after school ended at that point. Also I realized that after graduation I would be able to read for fun, which was something I hadn’t gotten to do as much of as I wanted to over the past 17 years because school. I kept it going for the NYU Summer Publishing Program as a professional online presence for the summer after graduation and just continued on after that.
What’s your favorite season?
Definitely summer 🙂 I live for the warm weather, the beach and sitting in parks.
Here are some things you may or may not know about me:
- Most people change what they want to be when they grow up a lot as a child, but I always wanted to be a writer. Always. It morphed a bit in high school and college to working with books/editing but it never changed much beyond that, and I still love to write.
- I am a born and bred New Yorker, and I love the city even though I knew I didn’t want to stay in the city for college (which I didn’t). That being said, I love the weekends that I spend in the country too.
- I am left-handed, and have always been strangely proud of that fact.
- When I was 8 I wrote a story called Little Horses that was loosely based on Little Women – I say loosely because I hadn’t read Little Women yet. Little Horses was well over 100 pages long in my notebook (I want to say 180 something). It had a plot in that things happened but that was about it.
- I randomly didn’t watch TV for a few years when I was a kid. There was no particular reason for this, I just didn’t.
- I love the beach. Any beach. Absolutely love it.
- I am currently working as a freelance editor and babysitter, and while I am still trying to figure out my life (as much as I don’t like the phrase 20-something that’s where I am right now) I am really enjoying the structure, freedom, and experience that these two jobs have given me.
- I am an avid Disney fan, but I never really liked Disney movies as a kid. I always thought they were too scary, too loud, or too sad.
- I tend to judge books very quickly, especially if I am not sure what to read next. If the first few sentences don’t grab me it’s hard for me to get any farther.
- I really liked The Sound of Music when I was little. As in I was completely obsessed with it. I probably watched it at least once a month, if not more, and I was also fascinated with World War II. Looking back on it, that seems kind of strange, considering I was about 9, but I blame Julie Andrews, American Girl, and the fact that I am a partial history geek.
- I was born on February 11th, and 11 is one of my favorite numbers along with 2 for obvious reasons.
The Questions II
- If you could travel anywhere on your next vacation where would you go?
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
- What is your favorite type of book to read?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What TV shows do you binge watch?
- Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
- Do you cry easily with books/movies? What book or movie made you cry?
- Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
- Who was your favorite high school teacher, college professor, or mentor that you have had?
- If you could meet anyone in the world (dead or alive) who would it be?
I really enjoyed going through the blogs that I follow and finding new blogs to follow to nominate people. The nominees are:
Here are some bonus cute puppy pictures for my 100th post. Happy Wednesday!