Hello everyone, and welcome to my 100th post and summer makeover! It sounds corny but it’s hard to believe I’ve gotten this far, and I am so excited to see where this blog will go in the future! I have never really been too good at keeping something like this blog up, so the fact that I am here still is pretty exciting. It’s gotten to the point where I feel guilty if I get to the end of a week without posting. So whether you’ve read one post or you read every post (I don’t know if anyone actually does) – whatever you do thanks for sticking with me.
I would also like to use my special 100th post to accept The Liebster Award, which Shannon from Beauty and the Mess (http://beautyandthemessblog.wordpress.com) nominated me for a few months ago.
I had seen the little Liebster Award stamp on different blog’s sidebars before, but I didn’t really know the details behind it, so this gave me a good excuse to go look up the rules. From what I could tell there were a few different variations to the rules, but the gist of the Liebster Award is to
(1) answer 11 questions about yourself
(2) ask 11 more questions to your nominations and
(3) nominate 11 blogs to pass on the award by linking to their blog and then letting them know about the nomination.
There was one version of the rules that I liked which said to also give 11 facts about yourself, so I am doing that as well, although it might be optional. I don’t know. The nominees are also blogs with under 200 followers (or 2,000 one version said (some of my nominees are over 200 but under 2,000 so I’m going to say I’m in the clear) to give a nod to the smaller blogs on the internet, and I am honored to be part of that group. 🙂
So here we go.
Here are the questions that Shannon asked me:
- Most people change what they want to be when they grow up a lot as a child, but I always wanted to be a writer. Always. It morphed a bit in high school and college to working with books/editing but it never changed much beyond that, and I still love to write.
- I am a born and bred New Yorker, and I love the city even though I knew I didn’t want to stay in the city for college (which I didn’t). That being said, I love the weekends that I spend in the country too.
- I am left-handed, and have always been strangely proud of that fact.
- When I was 8 I wrote a story called Little Horses that was loosely based on Little Women – I say loosely because I hadn’t read Little Women yet. Little Horses was well over 100 pages long in my notebook (I want to say 180 something). It had a plot in that things happened but that was about it.
- I randomly didn’t watch TV for a few years when I was a kid. There was no particular reason for this, I just didn’t.
- I love the beach. Any beach. Absolutely love it.
- I am currently working as a freelance editor and babysitter, and while I am still trying to figure out my life (as much as I don’t like the phrase 20-something that’s where I am right now) I am really enjoying the structure, freedom, and experience that these two jobs have given me.
- I am an avid Disney fan, but I never really liked Disney movies as a kid. I always thought they were too scary, too loud, or too sad.
- I tend to judge books very quickly, especially if I am not sure what to read next. If the first few sentences don’t grab me it’s hard for me to get any farther.
- I really liked The Sound of Music when I was little. As in I was completely obsessed with it. I probably watched it at least once a month, if not more, and I was also fascinated with World War II. Looking back on it, that seems kind of strange, considering I was about 9, but I blame Julie Andrews, American Girl, and the fact that I am a partial history geek.
- I was born on February 11th, and 11 is one of my favorite numbers along with 2 for obvious reasons.
The Questions II
- If you could travel anywhere on your next vacation where would you go?
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
- What is your favorite type of book to read?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What TV shows do you binge watch?
- Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
- Do you cry easily with books/movies? What book or movie made you cry?
- Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
- Who was your favorite high school teacher, college professor, or mentor that you have had?
- If you could meet anyone in the world (dead or alive) who would it be?
I really enjoyed going through the blogs that I follow and finding new blogs to follow to nominate people. The nominees are:
Here are some bonus cute puppy pictures for my 100th post. Happy Wednesday!